PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix police say a bicycle-riding suspect was shot and wounded after allegedly pulling out a gun and pointing it at an officer during an encounter after the officer was flagged down by a person whose necklace had just been snatched.
Police say the suspect’s wounds aren’t life-threatening and that the officer who shot the suspect Monday suffered a minor hand injury while pushing the suspect off his bicycle.
The incident occurred near the light rail station at Central Avenue and McDowell Road and train service in the area was shut down for several hours during the investigation.
No identities were released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19