PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix police say a bicycle-riding suspect was shot and wounded after allegedly pulling out a gun and pointing it at an officer during an encounter after the officer was flagged down by a person whose necklace had just been snatched.
Police say the suspect’s wounds aren’t life-threatening and that the officer who shot the suspect Monday suffered a minor hand injury while pushing the suspect off his bicycle.
The incident occurred near the light rail station at Central Avenue and McDowell Road and train service in the area was shut down for several hours during the investigation.
No identities were released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- It’s massive. It’s Trumpian. And now it’s mysteriously missing
- Tourism agency apologizes after sexualizing Canadian city's name WATCH
- Former TV star, now a chicken 'rescuer,' found not guilty of Foster Farms theft
- Space station discarded some trash. It rained fire in California's sky WATCH