PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix police say a man involved in a fight in a hospital parking lot was shot in a leg when a passenger in a passing car opened fire.
Police say the man’s wound isn’t life-threatening and that another man involved in the fight Thursday outside St Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center was arrested.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson said the incident started when a man verbally confronted two other men in the emergency room and then threatened the same two men with a knife about two hours later after the two men left the hospital.
According to Thompson, the drive-by shooting occurred while the three men were fighting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Health plans no longer have to cover preventive care at no cost. Here’s what to know
- AP sources: Trump facing at least 1 felony charge in NY case WATCH
- One key player did not cooperate with prosecutors: Trump’s financial gatekeeper
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A rescue dog and goat are best friends. A shelter put them up for adoption as a pair.
An off-duty police officer working as hospital security chased the man who had accosted the other two men and took him into custody.