PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix police say a man involved in a fight in a hospital parking lot was shot in a leg when a passenger in a passing car opened fire.
Police say the man’s wound isn’t life-threatening and that another man involved in the fight Thursday outside St Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center was arrested.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson said the incident started when a man verbally confronted two other men in the emergency room and then threatened the same two men with a knife about two hours later after the two men left the hospital.
According to Thompson, the drive-by shooting occurred while the three men were fighting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Sarah Palin, COVID-positive and unvaccinated, again dines at restaurant, flouting New York health measures
- Anthony Fauci is up against more than a virus
An off-duty police officer working as hospital security chased the man who had accosted the other two men and took him into custody.