PHOENIX (AP) — Authorities have released the names of two men who were fatally shot outside a Phoenix apartment complex.
Phoenix police say 26-year-old Lual Deng and 52-year-old Wol Ding both were killed in the shooting early Monday in the parking lot of the apartment complex.
They say the dead men had been in an ongoing dispute with an unidentified man in the area.
Police say the man asked his two friends to assist him in a confrontation with Deng and Ding.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- House condemns Trump 'racist' tweets in extraordinary rebuke VIEW
- Diver stumbles upon a giant jellyfish as big as she is: Watch the video
- Here are the Republicans who broke with their party and other takeaways from the vote on Trump’s language
- Prosecutors want Mexican megachurch leader held without bail VIEW
- Split House votes to condemn Trump’s comments as racist VIEW
When the men gathered in the parking lot, a fight ensued and gunfire was exchanged.
Police say the man’s two friends later met with detectives and were booked into jail for misconduct involving weapons as both men were prohibited to carry firearms due to prior convictions.