PHOENIX (AP) — Authorities have released the names of two men who were fatally shot outside a Phoenix apartment complex.
Phoenix police say 26-year-old Lual Deng and 52-year-old Wol Ding both were killed in the shooting early Monday in the parking lot of the apartment complex.
They say the dead men had been in an ongoing dispute with an unidentified man in the area.
Police say the man asked his two friends to assist him in a confrontation with Deng and Ding.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
When the men gathered in the parking lot, a fight ensued and gunfire was exchanged.
Police say the man’s two friends later met with detectives and were booked into jail for misconduct involving weapons as both men were prohibited to carry firearms due to prior convictions.