PHOENIX (AP) — A Phoenix man has been arrested for allegedly leaving the scene of a boating accident at Bartlett Lake last year that left a teenage boy with life-threatening injuries.
Maricopa County Sheriff’s officials say 32-year-old Brad Allan Becker is being held on suspicion of leaving the scene of a boating accident involving serious injury or death.
Becker didn’t have an attorney at his initial court appearance Wednesday.
Court documents show Becker has denied being involved in the Aug. 5 boat crash that injured 15-year-old Alec Medina.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote
Sheriff’s officials say Medina was operating a jet ski watercraft at the lake when it was struck by a fishing-style boat that left the scene.
They say Medina was hospitalized with a traumatic brain for almost two months and still has not fully recovered.