PHOENIX (AP) — A Phoenix man has been arrested for allegedly leaving the scene of a boating accident at Bartlett Lake last year that left a teenage boy with life-threatening injuries.
Maricopa County Sheriff’s officials say 32-year-old Brad Allan Becker is being held on suspicion of leaving the scene of a boating accident involving serious injury or death.
Becker didn’t have an attorney at his initial court appearance Wednesday.
Court documents show Becker has denied being involved in the Aug. 5 boat crash that injured 15-year-old Alec Medina.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Sheriff’s officials say Medina was operating a jet ski watercraft at the lake when it was struck by a fishing-style boat that left the scene.
They say Medina was hospitalized with a traumatic brain for almost two months and still has not fully recovered.