PHOENIX (AP) — A Phoenix man has been arrested for allegedly leaving the scene of a boating accident at Bartlett Lake last year that left a teenage boy with life-threatening injuries.
Maricopa County Sheriff’s officials say 32-year-old Brad Allan Becker is being held on suspicion of leaving the scene of a boating accident involving serious injury or death.
Becker didn’t have an attorney at his initial court appearance Wednesday.
Court documents show Becker has denied being involved in the Aug. 5 boat crash that injured 15-year-old Alec Medina.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH
Sheriff’s officials say Medina was operating a jet ski watercraft at the lake when it was struck by a fishing-style boat that left the scene.
They say Medina was hospitalized with a traumatic brain for almost two months and still has not fully recovered.