PHOENIX (AP) — A Phoenix man has been arrested for allegedly leaving the scene of a boating accident at Bartlett Lake last year that left a teenage boy with life-threatening injuries.
Maricopa County Sheriff’s officials say 32-year-old Brad Allan Becker is being held on suspicion of leaving the scene of a boating accident involving serious injury or death.
Becker didn’t have an attorney at his initial court appearance Wednesday.
Court documents show Becker has denied being involved in the Aug. 5 boat crash that injured 15-year-old Alec Medina.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
Sheriff’s officials say Medina was operating a jet ski watercraft at the lake when it was struck by a fishing-style boat that left the scene.
They say Medina was hospitalized with a traumatic brain for almost two months and still has not fully recovered.