PHOENIX (AP) — A university in the Phoenix area plans to build an athletic center after receiving a $6 million donation from alumni.
The Arizona Republic reports Jim and Jeanne O’Dell made the donation to Ottawa University Arizona to fund the new facility at the campus in Surprise.
The university plans to begin building the three-story O’Dell Center for Athletics in February, and construction is expected to be completed in the fall.
The facility will house weight rooms, training rooms, coaching offices, locker rooms and athletic offices.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
University officials say the gift is the largest single donation the school has ever received.
The private university opened its Arizona campus with 434 students in August. The university’s main campus is in Kansas.
Jim and Jeanne O’Dell founded the Colorado-based Valley Bank and Trust.
Information from: The Arizona Republic, http://www.azcentral.com