PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona environmental officials say air quality in the Phoenix area is expected to improve after very unhealthy conditions on New Year’s Day.
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality issued a high pollution advisory Monday for fine particular matter levels and urging the people to avoid outdoor exertion. Air quality reached the “very unhealthy category.”
Conditions on Tuesday are expected to improve, though people with respiratory problems were advised to limit lengthy outdoor activity.
Officials say people with heart or lung diseases, older adults and children are most likely to be affected by particle pollution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH