PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police in Philadelphia are asking some bars to sell alcohol in plastic cups only and telling businesses to bring inside any trash cans or flower pots as they gear up for potential rowdy street celebrations should the Eagles win this weekend.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that businesses in the northeast part of the city, where past post-victory celebrations have gotten a bit out of hand, are also being advised to make sure their security grates are down on Sunday night and bars are being asked not to sell any takeout bottles.
In a letter to the businesses, Capt. Anthony Luca says police will be out in force but he had a special request: “If you have cameras, please have them on.”
The Eagles face the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC championship game on Sunday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
Information from: The Philadelphia Inquirer, http://www.inquirer.com