The 25-year-old "Saturday Night Live" cast member says he's been getting bullied online and in public for nine months. His former fiancee responded by asking people "to please be gentler with others."
NEW YORK (AP) — Pete Davidson says he’s not going to “kill myself.”
Davidson is breaking his silence in an Instagram post following his short-lived engagement with Ariana Grande.
The 25-year-old “Saturday Night Live” cast member says he’s been getting bullied online and in public for nine months. But Davidson says he’s spoken about being suicidal publicly “only in the hopes that it will bring awareness and help kids like myself who don’t want to be on this earth.”
Davidson writes, “No matter how hard the internet or anyone tries to make me kill myself, I won’t.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
Grande responded that she cares “deeply about Pete and his health.” She asked people “to please be gentler with others.”
Grande references the failed engagement in her new hit, “Thank U, Next.”