KALAMO TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a pet cat survived after being found with an arrow through his chest in a rural part of Michigan.
The Capital Area Humane Society says veterinarians removed the arrow Monday. Spokeswoman Penny Pearsall tells the Lansing State Journal the cat named Kitty was in serious but stable condition Tuesday and being treated for pain. She says officials with the Lansing-area shelter are “very hopeful.”
The cat has lung damage from the arrow. The cat was found Monday beneath a deck in Kalamo Township in Eaton County.
The Eaton County sheriff’s department tells MLive.com the type of arrow found in the cat is used for target practice. The cat’s owner had last seen the animal Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- Beneath Biden’s folksy demeanor, a short fuse and an obsession with details
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
- Why is COVID-19 killing so many young children in Brazil? Doctors are baffled
- Some aren't ready to give up masks despite new CDC guidance
The sheriff’s department is seeking tips about the shooting.