KALAMO TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a pet cat survived after being found with an arrow through his chest in a rural part of Michigan.
The Capital Area Humane Society says veterinarians removed the arrow Monday. Spokeswoman Penny Pearsall tells the Lansing State Journal the cat named Kitty was in serious but stable condition Tuesday and being treated for pain. She says officials with the Lansing-area shelter are “very hopeful.”
The cat has lung damage from the arrow. The cat was found Monday beneath a deck in Kalamo Township in Eaton County.
The Eaton County sheriff’s department tells MLive.com the type of arrow found in the cat is used for target practice. The cat’s owner had last seen the animal Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A heart-stopping moment: How a mild case of COVID changed this man's life
- Ted Cruz called an Australian vaccine mandate 'tyranny.' Then came the stinging response
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Rachel Levine, openly transgender health official, to be sworn in as four-star admiral
The sheriff’s department is seeking tips about the shooting.