KALAMO TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a pet cat survived after being found with an arrow through his chest in a rural part of Michigan.
The Capital Area Humane Society says veterinarians removed the arrow Monday. Spokeswoman Penny Pearsall tells the Lansing State Journal the cat named Kitty was in serious but stable condition Tuesday and being treated for pain. She says officials with the Lansing-area shelter are “very hopeful.”
The cat has lung damage from the arrow. The cat was found Monday beneath a deck in Kalamo Township in Eaton County.
The Eaton County sheriff’s department tells MLive.com the type of arrow found in the cat is used for target practice. The cat’s owner had last seen the animal Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87
- A teenager tested positive for coronavirus. His parents sent him to school anyway.
- Twisted Sister singer to anti-maskers: Don't use our song
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- After coronavirus superspreader event at Sturgis, Missouri hosts thousands at Lake of the Ozarks bike rally
The sheriff’s department is seeking tips about the shooting.