KALAMO TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a pet cat survived after being found with an arrow through his chest in a rural part of Michigan.
The Capital Area Humane Society says veterinarians removed the arrow Monday. Spokeswoman Penny Pearsall tells the Lansing State Journal the cat named Kitty was in serious but stable condition Tuesday and being treated for pain. She says officials with the Lansing-area shelter are “very hopeful.”
The cat has lung damage from the arrow. The cat was found Monday beneath a deck in Kalamo Township in Eaton County.
The Eaton County sheriff’s department tells MLive.com the type of arrow found in the cat is used for target practice. The cat’s owner had last seen the animal Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
The sheriff’s department is seeking tips about the shooting.