OXNARD, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say one person was killed when a car flew off Pacific Coast Highway and plunged into the ocean in Southern California.
The California Highway Patrol says a dog was rescued from the submerged vehicle after the crash Tuesday evening near Mugu Rock in Ventura County.
All lanes of the PCH were closed while crews pulled the wrecked car out of the water near the surfline.
The person who was killed has not been identified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Photos from the scene show the rescued dog wrapped in blankets in the back of a vehicle.