FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) — A 26-year-old Fairbanks woman died when her pickup rolled northwest of the city.
Alaska State Troopers say Darla Thompson died in a rollover crash on Murphy Dome Road in the Goldstream Valley.
Speed may have been a factor in the crash.
Troopers took a call on the crash shortly before 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Inside the world of Buy Nothing, where dryer lint is a hot commodity
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Biden's critics hurl increasingly vulgar taunts
- Far-right anti-government group grows significantly, report says
Thompson was behind the wheel of the pickup when it left the roadway and rolled several times. Emergency responders pronounced her dead at the scene.
The state medical examiner will conduct an autopsy.