HAZLETON, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania woman has celebrated her 94th birthday by going skydiving along with her granddaughter and great-granddaughter.
Williamsport resident Eila (AY’-lah) Campbell says she figured she might not “make it for another year” at her age, so she took the 10,000-foot (3,048-meter) plunge on Sunday at Hazleton Regional Airport.
Granddaughter Sara Schuelke (SHOOL’-kee) and great-granddaughter Jess Fox also jumped. Each woman jumped separately but in tandem with an instructor.
Campbell described the free fall as “kind of a wow” and says she’d skydive again.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Eastern U.S. socked by winter storm
The owner of Above the Poconos Skydivers says he’s never seen anyone as old as Campbell jump.