PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Pennsylvania regulators are citing Sunoco for a three recent leaks during its construction of the Mariner East 2 pipeline project.
The Department of Environmental Protection last week issued violation notices for two leaks of drilling fluid on Nov. 11, in Chester and Berks counties.
One caused a 6-foot diameter sinkhole in a backyard.
The other involved using an unauthorized method to go underneath a waterway.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
The third citation is for a Nov. 10 leak in a Dauphin County wetland.
Construction is underway on the 350-mile pipeline that terminates in Marcus Hook.
It’s expected to be completed sometime next year.