PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police say a man was struck and killed by a light-rail train.
Officers responded at 6:13 a.m. Friday after the body was found on MAX tracks in southeast Portland.
The incident remains under investigation, but police say it appears the man was lying on the tracks before he was hit by a southbound train. The operator of different train later saw the body and called 9-1-1.
The death investigation caused delays during the morning commute.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Within minutes of each other, state Senate and House agree to shield many of their records from the public
- Meteorologists expect up to an inch of snow Friday in Seattle as cold-weather records fall
- Former Huskies star Markelle Fultz received $10K from sports agent before arriving at UW, report says
- Report: Washington state home to one of the largest cells of notorious white supremacist group