PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police say a man was struck and killed by a light-rail train.
Officers responded at 6:13 a.m. Friday after the body was found on MAX tracks in southeast Portland.
The incident remains under investigation, but police say it appears the man was lying on the tracks before he was hit by a southbound train. The operator of different train later saw the body and called 9-1-1.
The death investigation caused delays during the morning commute.
Most Read Stories
- 2 police officers shot, suspect killed in Bremerton
- Violations prompt Washington state to cancel Atlantic salmon farm lease at Port Angeles WATCH
- Earl Thomas says maybe injured Bobby Wagner shouldn't have played; Wagner says to 'keep my name out yo mouth'
- Analysis: Three thoughts on the Rams' dethroning of the Seahawks in 42-7 blowout WATCH
- Four-star linebacker Brandon Kaho picks Washington over Alabama, BYU