PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police say a man was struck and killed by a light-rail train.
Officers responded at 6:13 a.m. Friday after the body was found on MAX tracks in southeast Portland.
The incident remains under investigation, but police say it appears the man was lying on the tracks before he was hit by a southbound train. The operator of different train later saw the body and called 9-1-1.
The death investigation caused delays during the morning commute.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally