PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police say a man was struck and killed by a light-rail train.
Officers responded at 6:13 a.m. Friday after the body was found on MAX tracks in southeast Portland.
The incident remains under investigation, but police say it appears the man was lying on the tracks before he was hit by a southbound train. The operator of different train later saw the body and called 9-1-1.
The death investigation caused delays during the morning commute.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Ex-policeman charged with decades-old serial killings VIEW
- 'Tase me, and you'll see what happens,' an American Airlines flier said. Police did — 10 times.
- He froze to death inside a multimillion-dollar town house — and now the state is investigating
- Recycling innovator Eric Lundgren loses appeal on computer restore discs, must serve 15-month prison term
- When Toronto suspect said ‘Kill me,’ an officer put away his gun