PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police say a man was struck and killed by a light-rail train.
Officers responded at 6:13 a.m. Friday after the body was found on MAX tracks in southeast Portland.
The incident remains under investigation, but police say it appears the man was lying on the tracks before he was hit by a southbound train. The operator of different train later saw the body and called 9-1-1.
The death investigation caused delays during the morning commute.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's Women's March: How it unfolded
- The WSU community comes out in full force to honor Tyler Hilinski in a candlelight vigil VIEW
- Amazon Go cashierless convenience store opening to the public VIEW
- What you need to know about Seattle's Women’s March, related events
- Washington’s coast battered by major waves, flooding WATCH