PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland police say a man was struck and killed by a light-rail train.
Officers responded at 6:13 a.m. Friday after the body was found on MAX tracks in southeast Portland.
The incident remains under investigation, but police say it appears the man was lying on the tracks before he was hit by a southbound train. The operator of different train later saw the body and called 9-1-1.
The death investigation caused delays during the morning commute.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- 4 Americans among 5 dead in Costa Rica rafting accident
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
- Hurricane Willa a Category 4 storm in Pacific off Mexico