JONESVILLE, La. (AP) — Louisiana State Police say a 35-year-old man died after being struck by vehicle while he was walking along a highway.
The Town Talk reports the wreck happened early Monday in Catahoula Parish in east central Louisiana.
The man who died was Johnny B. Stewart Jr., of Jonesville. Officers say he was walking beside U.S. Highway 84, west of Louisiana Highway 124, in Jonesville.
Stewart was struck when 70-year-old Wayne L. Morris of Pineville lost control of the 2001 Infiniti he was driving.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Betsy DeVos compares Joe Biden touching her forehead to sexual harassment under Title IX
Morris was wearing his seat belt and was not injured. Stewart died at the scene.
No charges were immediately filed, and the crash remains under investigation