LAS VEGAS (AP) — Authorities say a 40-year-old woman is being treated for life-threatening injuries after she was hit by a car while walking across the street in North Las Vegas.
Las Vegas police say the woman was walking across North Nellis Blvd, about 500 feet (152 meters) from the crosswalk Friday night when she was hit.
Twenty-two-year-old John Nance was driving a 2008 Mitsubishi Galant with 20-year-old female passenger Alisa Ball.
Authorities say it did not appear the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
The pedestrian has been transported to UMC Trauma. Her name has not been released.
Police are investigating the incident.