ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage police have released the name of a pedestrian killed in a weekend traffic accident.
Police say 58-year-old Gerald Turner Jr. died as he tried to cross the Seward Highway in midtown Anchorage near Fireweed Lane.
Anchorage police responded to the crash at around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
Turner was not in a crosswalk when he was struck.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
The female SUV driver was not injured.