ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage police have released the name of a pedestrian killed in a weekend traffic accident.
Police say 58-year-old Gerald Turner Jr. died as he tried to cross the Seward Highway in midtown Anchorage near Fireweed Lane.
Anchorage police responded to the crash at around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
Turner was not in a crosswalk when he was struck.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
The female SUV driver was not injured.