ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage police have released the name of a pedestrian killed in a weekend traffic accident.
Police say 58-year-old Gerald Turner Jr. died as he tried to cross the Seward Highway in midtown Anchorage near Fireweed Lane.
Anchorage police responded to the crash at around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
Turner was not in a crosswalk when he was struck.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of plastic is not recycled
- Judge delays Flynn sentencing, 'not hiding disgust' at crime WATCH
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- 'Laverne & Shirley' star, 'Big' director Penny Marshall dies VIEW
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
The female SUV driver was not injured.