ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage police have released the name of a pedestrian killed in a weekend traffic accident.
Police say 58-year-old Gerald Turner Jr. died as he tried to cross the Seward Highway in midtown Anchorage near Fireweed Lane.
Anchorage police responded to the crash at around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
Turner was not in a crosswalk when he was struck.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
The female SUV driver was not injured.