ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) — A pedestrian crossing Interstate 77 in South Carolina has died after being hit by two cars.
South Carolina Highway Patrol Trooper Joe Hovis tells media outlets the incident happened around 5:30 a.m. Sunday near Rock Hill.
Hovis says the pedestrian was hit first by a Ford pickup, then a Chrysler car.
Hovis says the 31-year-old victim was from Fairport, New York, and died at the scene. Troopers say both drivers were wearing seat belts and weren’t hurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
The York County Coroner’s Office hasn’t released the pedestrian’s name. Authorities are still investigating the crash.