BEAVER CROSSING, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say two people were arrested after more than a quarter ton of marijuana was found in a truck after a traffic stop along Interstate 80 in eastern Nebraska.
The stop occurred a little after 11 a.m. Wednesday, just east of the Beaver Crossing interchange. The Nebraska State Patrol says the eastbound truck didn’t signal properly and didn’t have proper lighting. The patrol says one of its drug dogs alerted troopers to the presence of a controlled substance. The troopers say they found just over 526 pounds (239 kilograms) of marijuana in the truck.
The pot’s estimated street value: $1.5 million.
Two California residents have been arrested on drug charges. Court records don’t yet show they’ve been charged.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers