MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama pastor has been sentenced to 50 years in prison on rape and sexual abuse convictions.
Mobile County Circuit Judge John Lockett sentenced Alvin McNeil Thursday after he was found guilty by jurors in April of raping a 16-year-old girl and molesting an 11-year-old girl
New outlets report that a mother told police in 2016 that McNeil had raped and impregnated her older daughter and molested her younger daughter.
The 56-year-old Prichard resident was then pastor of Open Door True Worship Apostolic Church in Mobile.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- As he plans July Fourth gala, Trump still owes $7 million in inauguration costs to D.C.
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- Court's conservatives overturn precedent; liberals ask 'which cases the court will overrule next'
- Snake stows away in bag for trip to Hawaii from Florida
McNeil is sentenced to 30 years on the rape conviction and another 20 years on the sexual abuse conviction.