LA VERNE, Calif. (AP) — Police say a tour bus stalled and caught fire on a Los Angeles area freeway but the nearly 40 passengers aboard were unhurt.
The California Highway Patrol says the fire was reported a few minutes before midnight Sunday.
The incident was first described as a stalled bus in the westbound carpool lane of Freeway 210 near La Verne.
CHP officer Patrick Kimball tells City News Service that all 38 passengers got off the vehicle safely and lined up against the center divider.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Couple finds their luggage is overweight because of stowaway dog
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- When a fisherman pulled in his line, he knew he had 'something weird': A 40-pound alligator gar
- One of the world's toughest COVID quarantine regimes is finally ending
It wasn’t immediately clear what sparked the blaze or when it began.
The westbound section of the roadway was shut down so that they could safely cross to the shoulder to wait for a bus that was sent for them.