NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey Transit train has traveled through at least eight stops with a door open and has been pulled out of service. A passenger captured video of it.
Rider Jeffrey Spitery shared cellphone video with WNBC-TV (http://bit.ly/2q18eZP ) showing people moving around the train Tuesday night while the wind from the open door whips their hair.
Spitery says the train stopped at Newark Penn Station while a conductor searched for an open door. The train then continued. Spitery says as the train approached his stop in Metuchen he found a door “wide open.”
New Jersey Transit says a train should not move while a door is open. It says it’s investigating.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Athletic director Bill Moos surprises WSU, leaves for AD job at Nebraska
- Analysis: What went wrong in Washington’s loss at Arizona State WATCH
- Washington can kiss its playoff hopes goodbye after debacle in desert WATCH
- Suspects’ phones led Northwest investigators to carcasses in one of the biggest poaching cases they’ve ever seen VIEW
There’s no indication anyone was injured while the train door was open.