WASILLA, Alaska (AP) — Alaska State Troopers have released the name of a motorcycle passenger killed in a crash southwest of Wasilla.
Thirty-two-year-old Jayme Donoho of Wasilla died Tuesday morning. The driver of the motorcycle, 35-year-old Brandon Haxton of Wasilla, was seriously injured.
Troopers say they were outbound on Knik-Goose Bay Road when a sport utility vehicle driven by 65-year-old Sepasetiano Laumatia of Wasilla pulled out in front of them at Mile 7.
The motorcycle struck the driver’s side of the SUV. Donoho and Haxton were ejected. Donoho died at the scene and Haxton was medically evacuated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Troops stormed a prison. They found inmates had built a luxury resort.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, an advocate for liberal priorities, dies at age 90
- Florida school district orders removal of all books with gay characters before slightly backing off
- Plane that crashed, killing Rep. Peltola's husband, had over 500 pounds of meat and antlers on board
Laumatia and a passenger, 52-year-old Pela Laumatia, were transported to a hospital. Troopers called their injuries non-life threatening.
Troopers say their investigation continues.