SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — A passenger has died more than a week after a crash on Interstate 26 in South Carolina.
The Highway Patrol tells local media outlets that the crash happened April 20 at the I-26 eastbound ramp to southbound Interstate 85 in Spartanburg County.
Troopers say a car was using the exit ramp, slowed down, then tried to re-enter traffic on I-26 when it was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer.
The driver and two passengers in the car were taken to a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger says 83-year-old Jean Friedmann of Frederick, Maryland, died Sunday at the hospital.
The driver of the tractor-trailer was not injured. The Highway Patrol says the driver of the car, 63-year-old Tara Anderson of Candler, North Carolina, has been charged with impeding traffic.