ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — Fire officials say 30 freight-train cars have derailed in northern Virginia due to an apparent partial collapse of a railway bridge.
No injuries were reported, and all crew members have been accounted for.
The Alexandria Fire Department said the 167-car CSX freight train came off the tracks in the city shortly after 7 a.m. Saturday.
Authorities say the derailed cars did not contain and hazardous materials, and personnel have not identified any spills or leaks.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Southwest Airlines pilot climbs into cockpit window after being locked out of flight deck
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Texas welcomed Elon Musk. Now his rural neighbors aren't so sure.
- Indian Official Who Drained a Reservoir to Retrieve His Phone Is Suspended
- Debt deal would reduce IRS expansion, approve permits for West Virginia pipeline
Photos published by the fire department on Twitter show cars completely overturned amid a large debris field.