ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — Fire officials say 30 freight-train cars have derailed in northern Virginia due to an apparent partial collapse of a railway bridge.
No injuries were reported, and all crew members have been accounted for.
The Alexandria Fire Department said the 167-car CSX freight train came off the tracks in the city shortly after 7 a.m. Saturday.
Authorities say the derailed cars did not contain and hazardous materials, and personnel have not identified any spills or leaks.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Should you cancel your summer vacation plans because of coronavirus?
- A ‘liberty’ rebellion in Idaho threatens to undermine coronavirus orders
- Hawaii mayor to arrested man: 'Covidiot'
- Sanders ends presidential campaign
- Linda Tripp, whose taped calls with Monica Lewinsky led to Clinton investigation, dies at 70
Photos published by the fire department on Twitter show cars completely overturned amid a large debris field.