KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan’s paramilitary force says it has killed eight alleged “terrorists” in an overnight shootout in Karachi.
A statement issued Sunday says that paramilitary Rangers along with counterterrorism police raided a house, triggering an hours-long shootout. It says five “terrorists” were killed inside the hideout while three others were wounded and later died on the way to a hospital.
The statement says a counterterrorism officer and two paramilitary troops were wounded.
It says two of the gunmen who were killed were identified as members of the Ansar al-Shariya militant group, and that weapons and explosives were seized from the hideout.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Coronavirus vaccine will not change world right away
- Massive Beirut blast kills more than 70, injures thousands VIEW
- 'Bear spray quite possibly saved his life': Jogger survives mauling in Alaska
- ‘The biggest monster’ is spreading. And it’s not COVID-19.
- 3 men marooned in the Pacific are rescued after writing SOS in the sand