KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan’s paramilitary force says it has killed eight alleged “terrorists” in an overnight shootout in Karachi.
A statement issued Sunday says that paramilitary Rangers along with counterterrorism police raided a house, triggering an hours-long shootout. It says five “terrorists” were killed inside the hideout while three others were wounded and later died on the way to a hospital.
The statement says a counterterrorism officer and two paramilitary troops were wounded.
It says two of the gunmen who were killed were identified as members of the Ansar al-Shariya militant group, and that weapons and explosives were seized from the hideout.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Northwest is in for a cold, stormy winter, NOAA predicts
- Soldier with 'Hitler mustache' is first to be thrown out of military after Capitol riot charges
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Sheriff says family on California hike died of extreme heat
- FBI: Remains found in Florida park ID'd as Brian Laundrie