KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan’s paramilitary force says it has killed eight alleged “terrorists” in an overnight shootout in Karachi.
A statement issued Sunday says that paramilitary Rangers along with counterterrorism police raided a house, triggering an hours-long shootout. It says five “terrorists” were killed inside the hideout while three others were wounded and later died on the way to a hospital.
The statement says a counterterrorism officer and two paramilitary troops were wounded.
It says two of the gunmen who were killed were identified as members of the Ansar al-Shariya militant group, and that weapons and explosives were seized from the hideout.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Should you be worried about infection from eye drops?
- Sorry, not sorry: Some 1/6 rioters change tune after apology
- Chinese balloon soars across US; Blinken scraps Beijing trip
- Soaring Russian death toll gives grim insight into Moscow's tactics in Ukraine