KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan’s paramilitary force says it has killed eight alleged “terrorists” in an overnight shootout in Karachi.
A statement issued Sunday says that paramilitary Rangers along with counterterrorism police raided a house, triggering an hours-long shootout. It says five “terrorists” were killed inside the hideout while three others were wounded and later died on the way to a hospital.
The statement says a counterterrorism officer and two paramilitary troops were wounded.
It says two of the gunmen who were killed were identified as members of the Ansar al-Shariya militant group, and that weapons and explosives were seized from the hideout.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Plan would return beachfront taken from Black family in '20s
- Woman gets pregnant while already pregnant, gives birth to twins conceived 3 weeks apart