GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Gaza’s Health Ministry says 10 Palestinians were wounded by Israeli fire along the territory’s coast.
Thousands of Palestinians gathered on the beach as boats sailed nearby.
A Palestinian cameraman in a clearly-marked “Press” vest was shot in the leg.
Protesters set fire to tires on rafts.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Employee being fired fatally shoots 5 co-workers in Illinois WATCH
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Bombshell book alleges a Vatican gay subculture, hypocrisy
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Israel’s military said forces shot next to the vessels and at Palestinians on land who threw an explosive device and rolled burning tires at soldiers.
Monday’s demonstration led by Gaza’s Hamas rulers was, in part, to protest the blockade set by Israel and Egypt in 2007 after the militant Islamic group took over.
Hamas has led weekly border protests since March. Since then, 128 protesters have been killed by Israeli fire and one Israeli soldier was killed by a Gaza sniper.