JERUSALEM (AP) — The Palestinian Health Ministry says a 24-year-old man has been killed in clashes with Israeli forces in the West Bank.
It said he was shot in the chest Friday and declared dead at a Hebron hospital.
Israel’s military said Palestinians hurled fire bombs at troops during a protest. It said forces shot an “instigator” holding a firebomb as he threw it at them.
Clashes erupted across the West Bank and along Gaza’s border. At least a dozen protesters were injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
Palestinians have staged regular protests, that often turn violent, since President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital in December.
The Palestinians seek east Jerusalem as their future capital and view Trump’s decision as siding with Israel on one of the thorniest issues at the heart of the conflict.