JERUSALEM (AP) — The Palestinian Health Ministry says a 24-year-old man has been killed in clashes with Israeli forces in the West Bank.
It said he was shot in the chest Friday and declared dead at a Hebron hospital.
Israel’s military said Palestinians hurled fire bombs at troops during a protest. It said forces shot an “instigator” holding a firebomb as he threw it at them.
Clashes erupted across the West Bank and along Gaza’s border. At least a dozen protesters were injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing
Palestinians have staged regular protests, that often turn violent, since President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital in December.
The Palestinians seek east Jerusalem as their future capital and view Trump’s decision as siding with Israel on one of the thorniest issues at the heart of the conflict.