JERUSALEM (AP) — The Palestinian Health Ministry says a 24-year-old man has been killed in clashes with Israeli forces in the West Bank.
It said he was shot in the chest Friday and declared dead at a Hebron hospital.
Israel’s military said Palestinians hurled fire bombs at troops during a protest. It said forces shot an “instigator” holding a firebomb as he threw it at them.
Clashes erupted across the West Bank and along Gaza’s border. At least a dozen protesters were injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Idaho wildlife official resigns after killing baboon family
- Interrogation gone wrong, rogue killers: What happened to Saudi journalist?
Palestinians have staged regular protests, that often turn violent, since President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital in December.
The Palestinians seek east Jerusalem as their future capital and view Trump’s decision as siding with Israel on one of the thorniest issues at the heart of the conflict.