CATONSVILLE, Md. (AP) — Two centenarians are celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary at a Maryland retirement community.
Walter and Leslie Kimmel were married on Aug. 18, 1940. They are both 100 years old.
They’ll celebrate their anniversary Tuesday afternoon at Charlestown Retirement Community in Catonsville, Maryland, where they live.
The Kimmels met at Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Baltimore when they were 22 years old. Leslie played the organ and Walter sang in the choir.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- N95 masks save lives. So why are they still hard to get this far into a pandemic?
- CDC reverses itself, says new guidelines on coronavirus transmission were posted in error
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- DeVos appears to be under investigation for violating Hatch Act
Walter was a longtime employee of Baltimore Gas & Electric. Leslie worked as a secretary. They have two sons, four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.