CATONSVILLE, Md. (AP) — Two centenarians are celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary at a Maryland retirement community.
Walter and Leslie Kimmel were married on Aug. 18, 1940. They are both 100 years old.
They’ll celebrate their anniversary Tuesday afternoon at Charlestown Retirement Community in Catonsville, Maryland, where they live.
The Kimmels met at Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Baltimore when they were 22 years old. Leslie played the organ and Walter sang in the choir.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
- 'QAnon Shaman's' note to Pence cited as evidence of 'assassination' plot before prosecutors walk back claim
- EXPLAINER: What's next after House impeachment vote
- Vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access
- Trump opens habitat of northern spotted owl to timber harvesting
Walter was a longtime employee of Baltimore Gas & Electric. Leslie worked as a secretary. They have two sons, four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.