ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A spokeswoman says the Pulse nightclub in Orlando will not reopen as a memorial to the dozens of people who died at the gay venue during an attack last month.
Sara Brady of the OnePulseFoundation said in a statement Monday that a bogus Instagram posting from the day before that had announced the memorial has been taken down.
The foundation was set up to help raise funds for the victims of the June 12 attack. Some 49 people were killed and 53 injured.
Gunman Omar Mateen was killed in a shooting with police at the nightclub.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A hunt for clues in Hawaii after a tourist couple falls ill with coronavirus
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- Pizza sends record number of people to the ER
- Everyone loved George Washington — until he became president
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events