EDGERTON, Kan. (AP) — A Kansas City suburb is pressuring the owner of a cut-in-half car adorned with a sign reading, “Divorced. She got ½,” to junk the junker.
The Kansas City Star reports that the half-car was created as a joke by the late-Edgerton Mayor Ray Braun who used to own the defunct gas station where the front part of the 1987 Chevrolet Citation is parked. Braun fitted the half-car with rear caster wheels and used to drive it in parades. Danny O’Neal now owns the property where the vehicle sits.
But City Council President Clay Longanecker says the car has become “an eyesore” and the Edgerton codes department has told O’Neal has to dispose of it. O’Neal plans to argue it’s a “landmark” and memorial to Braun.
Neither man was ever divorced.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com