BERRIEN COUNTY, Mich. (AP) — State police say a 43-year-old woman has died in a snowmobile crash in southwestern Michigan.
Troopers called to a wooded area of Berrien County early Saturday found the Owosso woman dead at the scene. Her name has not been released by authorities.
Investigators say she was a passenger on the snowmobile and suffered a major head injury when she was thrown from it during the crash.
A 31-year-old Owosso man who was driving the snowmobile suffered serious back and pelvis injuries and was listed in serious but stable condition at a Kalamazoo hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
Investigators say both victims were not wearing helmets and a preliminary investigation suggests that alcohol may have been a contributing factor in Saturday’s crash.