ASTORIA, Ore. — An Oregon woman has been charged with first-degree animal abuse after police say she killed a Chihuahua by cooking it in an oven.
The Daily Astorian reports a person close to 28-year-old Warrenton woman reported the incident Tuesday, and police arrested her at Columbia Memorial Hospital.
A police report says the woman has been involved in several recent disturbances that led to interactions with mental-health professionals.
Police say the 7-year-old dog was alive when it was put in the oven Monday night.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No'
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Daily Astorian, http://www.dailyastorian.com