CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) — Oregon State University has received a $2 million donation for its new concert hall.
The Corvallis Gazette-Times reports the university is looking to raise $60 million for a new arts and education complex with an acoustically superior concert hall that can seat between 400 to 600 people.
College of Liberal Arts Dean Larry Rodgers says they hope the hall will be an ideal space for relatively intimate music performances such as choir concerts, recitals and chamber music programs.
The university announced Wednesday that it received the $2 million donation from the family of the late Lynne Detrick of West Linn.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
The new concert hall is expected to be named the Lynne Detrick Hall.
Information from: Gazette-Times, http://www.gtconnect.com