CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) — Oregon State University has received a $2 million donation for its new concert hall.
The Corvallis Gazette-Times reports the university is looking to raise $60 million for a new arts and education complex with an acoustically superior concert hall that can seat between 400 to 600 people.
College of Liberal Arts Dean Larry Rodgers says they hope the hall will be an ideal space for relatively intimate music performances such as choir concerts, recitals and chamber music programs.
The university announced Wednesday that it received the $2 million donation from the family of the late Lynne Detrick of West Linn.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
The new concert hall is expected to be named the Lynne Detrick Hall.
Information from: Gazette-Times, http://www.gtconnect.com