CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) — Oregon State University has received a $2 million donation for its new concert hall.
The Corvallis Gazette-Times reports the university is looking to raise $60 million for a new arts and education complex with an acoustically superior concert hall that can seat between 400 to 600 people.
College of Liberal Arts Dean Larry Rodgers says they hope the hall will be an ideal space for relatively intimate music performances such as choir concerts, recitals and chamber music programs.
The university announced Wednesday that it received the $2 million donation from the family of the late Lynne Detrick of West Linn.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
The new concert hall is expected to be named the Lynne Detrick Hall.
Information from: Gazette-Times, http://www.gtconnect.com