PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Oregon Secretary of State Dennis Richardson says he’s visiting China on a 12-day trade mission in November.
Richardson made 11 trips to China during his years as a state lawmaker, but this will be his first since getting elected to the statewide office last year.
Richardson said Wednesday that his flight is being paid for with money from his official travel budget, but he’s using his own money to upgrade his seat on the 12-hour flight. Local Chinese governments will pay his expenses while in the country.
He says the mission will give Oregon businesses traveling with the delegation a chance to network with consumers, distributors, and Chinese government officials.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash