KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) — Police arrested a Klamath Falls man accused of slashing another man in the neck and face.
The Herald and News reports the 22-year-old victim sought treatment at Sky Lakes Medical Center, where he told investigators Sunday that William Newell cut him multiple times after threatening to kill him.
Newell had sustained injuries of his own by the time officers found him Sunday. He said he had been assaulted at a bar.
The 27-year-old Newell has been charged with attempted murder and unlawful use of a weapon. He was assigned a public defender at a court appearance Monday and is due back in court next week.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
He was ordered held on $100,000 bail.
Information from: Herald and News, http://www.heraldandnews.com