KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) — Police arrested a Klamath Falls man accused of slashing another man in the neck and face.
The Herald and News reports the 22-year-old victim sought treatment at Sky Lakes Medical Center, where he told investigators Sunday that William Newell cut him multiple times after threatening to kill him.
Newell had sustained injuries of his own by the time officers found him Sunday. He said he had been assaulted at a bar.
The 27-year-old Newell has been charged with attempted murder and unlawful use of a weapon. He was assigned a public defender at a court appearance Monday and is due back in court next week.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A wolflike creature was stalking livestock in Montana. Authorities have no idea what it is.
- Lava from Hawaii volcano enters ocean from 3 flows VIEW
- Trump cancels summit with Kim; North Korea still wants talks VIEW
- Sheriff: High school athletes tried to rape teen with mop
- Trump Twitter ruling: What a Washington woman did to get blocked by the president
He was ordered held on $100,000 bail.
Information from: Herald and News, http://www.heraldandnews.com