KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) — Police arrested a Klamath Falls man accused of slashing another man in the neck and face.
The Herald and News reports the 22-year-old victim sought treatment at Sky Lakes Medical Center, where he told investigators Sunday that William Newell cut him multiple times after threatening to kill him.
Newell had sustained injuries of his own by the time officers found him Sunday. He said he had been assaulted at a bar.
The 27-year-old Newell has been charged with attempted murder and unlawful use of a weapon. He was assigned a public defender at a court appearance Monday and is due back in court next week.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Garbage from Washington state's booming pot industry clogs gutters, sewers and landfills
- Was Smokey Bear wrong? How a beloved character may have helped fuel catastrophic fires
- A Pearl Jam poster depicting a dead President Trump draws controversy in Montana Senate race
- Oatmeal, breakfast foods contain unsafe amounts of weedkiller, report says
- 5 take-aways from primary election, a night of firsts
He was ordered held on $100,000 bail.
Information from: Herald and News, http://www.heraldandnews.com