KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a man in possession of a loaded pistol and a pipe bomb was arrested after crashing a motorcycle that had been stolen in south-central Oregon.
The Klamath County Sheriff’s Office says the theft victim saw a man riding his stolen motorcycle Thursday and gave chase. When the chase ended in a crash, the victim held the suspect on the ground until deputies arrived.
Deputies who arrested Darrel Grisel after a struggle say he had a gun, a bomb and a substantial amount of meth.
The Herald and News reports six homes were temporarily evacuated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump taunts Lesley Stahl of ‘60 Minutes’ after cutting off interview
- Opponents in Utah governor's race appear in ads together promoting civility
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Texas woman dies of covid-19 on a Spirit Airlines flight from Las Vegas
- ‘It has hit us with a vengeance’: Virus surges again across the United States
Grisel was treated for scrapes at a Klamath Falls hospital and then booked into jail on charges of unlawful use of a motor vehicle, unlawful possession of a destructive device and other crimes.
Information from: Herald and News, http://www.heraldandnews.com