NEW YORK (AP) — Firefighters have responded to a bustling area of New York City where a fire burst out of a manhole.
Video of the Thursday fire shows smoke billowing out of lower Manhattan’s Chelsea Market. WABC-TV reports the fire was reported to authorities around 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
The New York Fire Department says the fire was under control about an hour later and no injuries were reported.
A large mess of tangled and charred wires were found after the flames were extinguished.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- More than 1,000 TSA employees have tested positive for coronavirus
- Growing chorus pushes for renewed coronavirus shutdown orders
- 'Blood on his hands': In scathing obituary, woman blames governor for her father's covid-19 death
- Analysis: The cognitive test that Trump took means more than you think
- What's happening with COVID-19 antibody tests? Here's a Q&A
Traffic wasn’t impacted due to ongoing construction in the area of the fire. An investigation is underway to determine the cause of the fire.
Information from: WABC-TV, http://www.7online.com