NEW YORK (AP) — Firefighters have responded to a bustling area of New York City where a fire burst out of a manhole.
Video of the Thursday fire shows smoke billowing out of lower Manhattan’s Chelsea Market. WABC-TV reports the fire was reported to authorities around 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
The New York Fire Department says the fire was under control about an hour later and no injuries were reported.
A large mess of tangled and charred wires were found after the flames were extinguished.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Tri-Cities teen charged with selling his friend to an adult for sex
- Trump, in call, urged Ukraine to investigate Biden's son VIEW
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- Where have the wild birds gone? 3 billion fewer than in 1970
- New Zealand worker feared he might lose his job, so he brought an emotional-support clown to work
Traffic wasn’t impacted due to ongoing construction in the area of the fire. An investigation is underway to determine the cause of the fire.
Information from: WABC-TV, http://www.7online.com