PITTSTOWN, N.J. (AP) — The New Jersey woman who is the oldest American is another year older.
Adele Dunlap received balloons, and fellow residents at the Country Arch Care Center in Pittstown on Monday sang “Happy Birthday” to the 114-year-old.
But The Record (http://bit.ly/2hocF0w ) reports Dunlap didn’t appreciate the fuss. Asked what she was thankful for, Dunlap said, “Gee, how should I know?” As for a birthday wish, she responded, “I’ve never thought of such a thing. I don’t wish for anything.”
She also said it was her 105th birthday. The nursing staff and her family say it’s her habit to shave about a decade off her age.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
Dunlap became the country’s oldest person in July following the death of Goldie Michelson, of Worcester, Massachusetts.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com