PRYOR CREEK, Okla. (AP) — An Oklahoma woman accused of raping one of her four foster children has resigned from a junior high school.
Pryor Public Schools Superintendent Don Raleigh tells The Miami News-Record that 34-year-old Stephanie Cowan was suspended and subsequently resigned as a Pryor junior high school science teacher following second-degree rape charges.
An arrest affidavit alleges Cowan admitted to having sexual contact with a 15-year-old foster child on four separate occasions since he was placed in her care Oct. 31.
A spokesman for the Department of Human Services says all of the foster children placed with Cowan and her husband have been removed and placed in a safe home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Cowan was charged Jan. 24 in Mayes County District Court and is scheduled to return to court in March. She’s currently free on $30,000 bail.
Information from: The Miami News-Record, http://www.miaminewsrecord.com