PRYOR CREEK, Okla. (AP) — An Oklahoma woman accused of raping one of her four foster children has resigned from a junior high school.
Pryor Public Schools Superintendent Don Raleigh tells The Miami News-Record that 34-year-old Stephanie Cowan was suspended and subsequently resigned as a Pryor junior high school science teacher following second-degree rape charges.
An arrest affidavit alleges Cowan admitted to having sexual contact with a 15-year-old foster child on four separate occasions since he was placed in her care Oct. 31.
A spokesman for the Department of Human Services says all of the foster children placed with Cowan and her husband have been removed and placed in a safe home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration to expand its power to deport undocumented immigrants
- Louisiana police officer on Facebook says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘needs a round’
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- A peculiarly Dutch summer rite: Children abandoned in the night woods VIEW
- Your election guide to every 2020 presidential candidate, comparing policy positions
Cowan was charged Jan. 24 in Mayes County District Court and is scheduled to return to court in March. She’s currently free on $30,000 bail.
Information from: The Miami News-Record, http://www.miaminewsrecord.com