OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — An Oklahoma City hospital says a 12-year-old girl is recovering after being shot at a local restaurant where the gunman was later shot dead by armed bystanders.
A spokeswoman for Oklahoma Children’s Hospital said Sunday that the 12-year-old girl remained hospitalized in good condition.
Her grandfather says she underwent surgery after being shot in the stomach during Thursday’s attack at Louie’s On The Lake.
The girl’s mother and a 14-year-old family friend were also shot. The mother was treated after being grazed by bullets.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fired police sergeant attacks Thai day care center, kills 36
- Rare drone footage shows orcas mauling great white sharks
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Police: 2 dead, 6 injured in stabbings along Las Vegas Strip
Hospital spokeswoman Briana Jones says she didn’t have information Sunday on the 14-year-old girl. Police have said she was shot in the arm or wrist.
Police have said the shooting appears to be random and they’re looking into the mental health of the suspected gunman, 28-year-old Alexander Tilghman.
This story has been corrected to show the hospital update came Sunday, not Saturday.