TULSA, Okla. (AP) — The Office of the State Medical Examiner is investigating the cause of death of a man whose bloodied body was discovered behind the Tulsa County Jail.
Authorities say the unidentified man’s body was found about 5 p.m. Saturday by a homeless man who told police he saw a body under a highway overpass. The man told authorities that he didn’t recognize the victim.
Police say the man was found at the bottom of a steep concrete area under an overpass where homeless people are known to sleep. Officials say there was blood on the body and trauma to the victim’s head.
Police say the victim is a white man about 40-50 years old and believed to be homeless. Officers think the unidentified man may have died accidentally in a fall.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW