SHAWNEE, Okla. (AP) — An Oklahoma judge has sentenced a man to 30 years in prison after he admitted to strangling his stepfather by pulling his underwear over his head.
Brad Lee Davis, of McLoud, was charged with first-degree murder in the 2013 death of Denver Lee St. Clair, but he pleaded guilty in May to first-degree manslaughter, The Oklahoman (http://bit.ly/1KcFPIo ) reported.
Davis had told investigators that a fight erupted between the pair after St. Clair insulted his mother. St. Clair was knocked unconscious, ending the clash.
Pottawatomie County District Judge John G. Canavan Jr. sentenced Davis to prison on Thursday, saying that he was troubled that he took cellphone photos of St. Clair while he was gurgling and in clear distress. He rejected Davis’ defense attorney’s request to give Davis “a second chance.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- Man gets 10-year sentence for attacking and coughing on person who asked him to pull up mask
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two Montana sweethearts were fatally shot in 1956. The case was just solved.
- A humpback whale swallowed a lobster diver whole and spit him out alive: 'It tried to eat me'
A doctor who did the autopsy said St. Clair died when the elastic band of his torn underwear was pulled over his head from behind and pressed against his neck, cutting off his airway.
Prosecutors say that St. Clair also suffered head wounds that would have been fatal if he hadn’t died of strangulation first.
Davis said in May that he only meant to embarrass his stepfather.
Information from: The Oklahoman, http://www.newsok.com