EUFAULA, Okla. (AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a 66-year-old man drowned while swimming after his boat as it was floating away on an eastern Oklahoma lake.
An OHP report says James Cosper of McAlester drowned shortly after 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The report says Cosper was loading his boat at a boat ramp when the vessel began to drift away.
A witness said the man ran to a dock and jumped into the lake, then disappeared under water as he swam toward the boat.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Russia withdraws troops after Ukraine encircles key city
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
The report says Cosper was not wearing a life preserver.