NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has recovered the body of one person missing after a weekend boating crash and continues searching for a second missing boater who is believed to be dead.
The patrol says the search resumed Tuesday after divers recovered the body of 33-year-old Brandon Michael Kelley of Moore on Monday.
Troopers say Kelley died when a boat he was driving collided with a second boat at 10:24 p.m. Saturday on Lake Thunderbird, about 30 miles (50 kilometers) southeast of Oklahoma City. Two people in the second boat were injured.
Divers and boats using sonar searched a one-square mile (2.6 square kilometers) area of the lake Monday. The patrol says both vessels have been recovered and that the cause of the accident is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fired police sergeant attacks Thai day care center, kills 36
- Rare drone footage shows orcas mauling great white sharks
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Police: 2 dead, 6 injured in stabbings along Las Vegas Strip