PADEN, Okla. (AP) — A 16-year-old has been killed in a crash involving an all-terrain vehicle and a pickup in southeast Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says in a preliminary report that the teenager died Saturday afternoon in Okfuskee County.
Troopers say the teen was riding the ATV eastbound down a county road near Paden and met a pickup going westbound at the top of a hill. The ATV swerved off the road and rolled, ejecting the driver and coming to rest on its right side.
The unidentified teenager, who troopers say wasn’t wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man known for duping sexual predators online killed in confrontation
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two people killed by grizzly bear at Banff National Park in Canada
- McCarthy to face far-right attempt to oust him as House speaker
- Rep. Jamaal Bowman triggered a fire alarm in a House office building amid voting on a funding bill
The 68-year-old pickup driver was uninjured.