OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin has scheduled a special election to fill the state House seat of former Rep. Scott Biggs.
Fallin said Friday that the filing period will be Nov. 13-15, the special primary election will be Jan. 9 and the special general election will be March 6. If a special primary election is not needed, the special general election will be Jan. 9.
Biggs is a Republican from Chickasha who announced his immediate resignation on Thursday from the House District 51 seat, saying only that he will work to promote the agriculture industry in Oklahoma.
The district includes Grady, Stephens and McClain counties.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling