OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Oklahoma’s largest school district has a new superintendent.
Oklahoma City Public Schools announced Tuesday the hiring of Sean McDaniel. He has been superintendent of nearby Mustang Public Schools since 2012. His first day on the new job will be July 1.
McDaniel succeeds Aurora Lara, who resigned in January.
The Oklahoman reported that on Jan. 23 Lora posted on Facebook that “When you have 8 bosses, there is always at least one that wants to make you feel worthless.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Space station discarded some trash. It rained fire in California's sky WATCH
- Ship owned by U.S. Navy tips over at Edinburgh port, injuring dozens
- Idaho hospital to stop delivering babies, partly due to 'political climate'
- 2 people dig out of jail with toothbrush, get caught at IHOP, officials say
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Lora later apologized and the posts were deleted.