OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Officials at Will Rogers World Airport say they had a record year in 2017, with nearly 4 million people flying in or out.
Airport spokeswoman Karen Carney said the uptick indicates the region’s economy is doing well.
Airport Director Mark Kranenburg said new routes and a new airline helped boost the numbers, which hit 3,925,358. He said the higher numbers have continued into 2018.
The Oklahoman reported that last year’s total exceed the previous mark by 91,000 — set in 2014.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Dog reunited with family 101 days after California wildfire
- Why do zebras have stripes? Perhaps to dazzle away flies
Frontier Airlines started service to Denver and Orlando last November.