OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Officials at Will Rogers World Airport say they had a record year in 2017, with nearly 4 million people flying in or out.
Airport spokeswoman Karen Carney said the uptick indicates the region’s economy is doing well.
Airport Director Mark Kranenburg said new routes and a new airline helped boost the numbers, which hit 3,925,358. He said the higher numbers have continued into 2018.
The Oklahoman reported that last year’s total exceed the previous mark by 91,000 — set in 2014.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Frontier Airlines started service to Denver and Orlando last November.